Summary: Provides assistance to new and established financial institution customers interested in non-traditional banking products and services such as mutual funds and annuities, insurance, or other non-FDIC insured products and services.
Department: Trust & Wealth Management
Reports To: SVP/Trust & Wealth Management Director
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with investors to review their existing financial situation and to establish the client/planner relationship. Analyze their investment portfolio and recommend an asset allocation and specific plan to meet established objectives.
- Develop, recommend, and implement an investment strategy suggesting specific investments and insurance products, for client approval, including separately managed investment accounts, mutual funds, annuities, equities, fixed income investments, corporate and tax-exempt bonds, life insurance, etc. The advisor will continue to monitor these recommendations to meet the client’s needs over time.
- Maintain an ongoing client relationship by conducting periodic reviews with each client on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
- Collaborate with all departments of the institution to create a team environment and to meet investor needs. This includes referring customers or members to other areas, as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to referring individuals and departments on the status of the referral.
- Generate additional referrals from personal networking, seminars, and presentations to community groups, including but not limited to CPAs, attorneys, and other centers of influence.
- Keep abreast of new planning tools, products, and resources; changing regulations; and professional standards.
- Understand and comply with all aspects of institution and Cetera policies and practices, including laws and regulations governing the duties and responsibilities of investment sales.
- Maintain all necessary licenses and registrations as required, including completing all mandatory training and industry-related continuing education in a timely manner.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous and superior service to expand investor relationships.
- Exceed expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy, and professionalism.