· Perform lending duties to bank customers for the following types of loans: Consumer, Real Estate and Commercial loans
· Complete loan applications
· Provide financial counseling
· Underwrite credit applicants
· Make sound and justifiable credit decisions
· Prepare counter offers and loan denials
· Prepare proper documents for loan closing
· Close and fund loans
· Follow-up procedures such as lien perfections, collateral inspections
· Manage delinquent loans
· Cross-sell other products and services offered by Freedom Bank
· Development of strategic relationships with realtors, title companies, insurance agents, attorneys and acountants for referrals.
· Diligently ask customers for additional prospective customer contact information and referral sources.
· Continually strive to create profitable business through pro-active cross selling and relationship enhancement.
· Represent the Bank within the community by developing and promoting additional business.
· Adhere to security and state and federal regulatory compliance responsibilities to protect the Bank.
· Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Strong decision-making abilities
· Maintain extensive knowledge of all regulatory, compliance, procedural, and policy information
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to write professional correspondence
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Strong leadership, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills essential.
· Professionalism and responsiveness to associates, customers and referral sources a requirement.
· Must be self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Personal computer skills required, including a working knowledge of mortgage application and processing software, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and a prior use or familiarity with using e-mail (Outlook) and the Internet.
· Knowledge of ARTA & Mortgagebot software would be beneficial.
· Must be highly motivated and capable of some travel and working a nonstandard workweek as meetings and networking functions are sometimes held during evening hours and/or weekends.
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be based on experience.
About Freedom Bank
Freedom Bank is locally owned and operates as a community-oriented institution with a strong focus on customer service. Our bank was founded in 1999, and operates offices in Huntingburg, Dale, Jasper, and Rockport, Indiana. We are one of the top-performing banks in Indiana.