Personal bankers are usually the first line of contact for customers within our business.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to detailed knowledge on all aspects of retail banking, including teller activities, personal banking and customer service:
* Open accounts for new customers and prepare new account paperwork, applications and request the required identification.
* Identify the needs of new and existing customers and offer appropriate services currently available.
*Answer questions and customer concerns regarding checking and savings accounts.
* Process and post various loan payments, record information in the database and issue a proper receipts for each transaction.
* Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the issue, determining the problem, and explaining the best resolution.
* Process teller transactions by taking deposits, making withdrawals, cashing checks, taking and processing payments.
* One year prior banking or relevant experience * Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) * Excellent interpersonal skills * Well developed sales skills (probing, supporting, overcoming objections, closing)
* Able to remain calm, friendly and professional through any and all situations * Creative problem solver
Internal Number: 2019-002
About AmeriFirst Bank
AmeriFirst Bank was formed in June 1997 by the merger of the American National Bank and the First National Bank, both independent community banks located in Union Springs, Alabama. These two banks were successfully merged into what is now known as USAL Bancorp, Inc., the holding company for AmeriFirst Bank.
The First National Bank was founded in 1904 with $50,000.00 and 500 shares of stock by a group of Union Springs businessmen. In 1916, a local group of businessmen founded the American National Bank, with capital of $56,406.93.
The bank’s rich history, high quality service, oriented staff, and exceptional board of directors have been wonderful for the community and for the growth of the bank. We believe by hiring and retaining local officers and employees, we can better serve our customers. We enjoy a strong history, while continuing to move our strength into neighboring counties and our surrounding areas. Please give us an opportunity to show you just how easy banking can be.
A locally owned and operated Bank, AmeriFirst Bank has offices in Union Springs, Montgomery, Prattville, and Lee County. AmeriFirst is committed to serving the credit needs of its entire assessment area, including all low-to-moderate income areas.