Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Responsible for instilling the BB&T Mission, Vision and Values within the branch team.
2. Responsible for coordinating efforts to ensure BB&T client service expectations are delivered.
3. Responsible for sales management and revenue generation within the branch. Provide quality leadership, encouragement and guidance to all branch personnel, while ensuring clients receive superior client service quality.
4. Responsible for execution of BB&T’s sales process within branch through BB&T supported sales processes and other Community Bank initiatives.
5. Make proactive daily contact with clients and prospects either by phone, in-person (including, active lobby engagement using Plan-it to determine optimal times) to identify additional client financial needs, initiate client relationships, and attract and retain new client households.
6. Initiate, direct and participate heavily in outside retail and small business client development and in-house marketing programs. Responsible for branch prospecting for new consumer and small business households, as well as providing additional solutions that will expand existing household relationships.
7. Participate in civic, government, professional, business and community affairs, associations and groups to solicit and develop new consumer and small business households for the branch. Promote BB&T’s positive public image in the community.
8. Responsible for consumer and small business loan performance within the branch pertaining to growth, profitability and quality.
9. Responsible for balanced growth, servicing and profitability of Bank’s deposit products.
10. Through execution of the Consultative Sales and Service process, ensure all branch personnel proactively and aggressively market non-credit services (e.g. Payment Solutions, Insurance, Merchant, Wealth, Investments and Payroll).
11. Responsible for providing leadership and coaching to all members of the branch sales team to ensure maximum performance and attainment of personal goals and improvement plans.
12. Responsible for staffing branch team to include: hiring, goal setting, performance reviews and ratings, salary reviews, promotional transfers, terminations and training.
13. Responsible for coordinating with Area Operations Officer to ensure internal controls are maintained with a proper emphasis on operational risks. Maximize operations efficiently by managing non-interest expenses.
14. Proactively lead, manage and actively participate in consultations with the Teller Supervisor, in personnel- related duties to the Tellers, including:
a. Recruiting, interviewing and selecting
b. Training and development
c. Efficient staffing and scheduling
d. Salary administration
e. Routine coaching and counseling
f. Timely performance reviews
g. Staffing disciplinary issues
h. Management of Workday/Plan-it
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of financial services experience
3. One year of leadership experience
4. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
5. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
6. Strong written, verbal and communication skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
9. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration and applicable NMLS background check
1. Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance or banking
2. Completion of BB&T’s Retail Academy within six months of employment in this role
3. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Internal Number: R0013309
At BB&T, we believe our associates are our most valuable asset. We operate on the principle that each individual is capable of having a positive impact on the organization. This belief has allowed BB&T to evolve into one of the financial service industry’s top performers.
BB&T is much more than a bank. Building on a long tradition of excellence in community banking, BB&T offers a wide range of financial services including retail and commercial banking, investments, insurance, wealth management, asset management, mortgage, corporate banking, capital markets and specialized lending. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., BB&T has more than 35,000 associates and operates more than 2,100 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T was recognized as one of Forbes' 2017 Best Banks in America and is consistently recognized for outstanding client service by Greenwich Associates for small business and middle market banking. Our success as an organization is based on the vision, mission and values that comprise the BB&T philosophy. Adhering to this philosophy will lead you, the individual, and us, as an organization, to create the best financial organization possible.
We invite you to join our winning team at BB&T!