Primary role is to provide client portfolio management services including the responsibility for equity, fixed income, and mutual fund portfolios which are comprised of fiduciary, investment management and IRA accounts. Role also supports new business development along with providing technical, analytical and execution support to the Wealth Management Investment Team including performing securities trading, performance reporting, research and analysis of securities.
1. Portfolio Management: Responsible for individually managed accounts, including fixed income securities, equities and mutual funds. This includes the investment review, asset allocation, raising cash for liquidity and client meetings as necessary. (45%)
Implement strategies based on the Trust Investment Committee’s approved list of investments.
Construct diversified portfolios within client investment objectives and constraints.
Maximize investment returns commensurate with an acceptable level of risk.
Complete OCC client reviews for assigned accounts.
2. New Business Development: Represent investment team in new business activities. (25%)
Make effective presentations to prospective clients
Coordinate investment response in requests for proposals (“RFPs”)
Participate in economic and market updates to existing and prospective clients
3. Customer Goals and Initiatives: Deliver exceptional client experience and demonstrate expertise as Trusted Advisor. (15%)
Conduct effective presentations to clients to educate and explain investment strategies and results.
Prepare for client meetings in advance, including the review of performance reports.
As requested, participate in new business development activities.
4. Investment Team: Actively participate in the investment process and portfolio management decisions (15%)
as part of the Trust Investment Committee;
Analyze investment opportunities in assigned research areas, focusing on potential return and risk
Make specific recommendations as part of Trust Investment Committee
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships
Support the investment team in all aspects of portfolio management and research
5. Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Physical Qualifications (if Required by Work of Role)
5-10 years of experience in investments
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of Bloomberg, Moxy and Advent Systems
Experience with servicing high net worth individuals and institutions
Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) designation
Additional Salary Information: Plus incentive
Internal Number: R-20190113
About First National Bank of Omaha
First National started in 1857 and has grown to nearly 5,000 employees and $21 billion in assets. We've also been ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Retail Banking in the Midwest" by J.D. Power, while MONEY has named us its "Best Bank in the Midwest Region for 2018-19." We are proud to serve our customers and communities with banking offices located in Nebraska, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota and Texas.