Summary: This position plans, executes, and reports on operational, financial, regulatory, and compliance related audits. These audits assist the Audit Committee in assessing effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
• Develop an internal audit program for the Bank. The program developed will be approved by the Board's Audit Committee, and will be subject to periodic review by the Audit Committee. The program shall cover all significant organizational activities, rate severity of risk to determine frequency of audit, and prepare an audit schedule.
• Perform an evaluation of controls within new systems and significant modifications to existing systems before they become operational.
• Meet with the Board's Audit Committee and distribute audit reports bi-monthly; to verbally review these reports and management's response to them.
• Annually make a summary report of audit activities to the Board of Directors and executive management. The report shall include an opinion on the overall condition of the Bank's controls and operations.
• Audit records of departments and interview staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Examine department activities for compliance with management plans and policies.
• Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
• Assess the proper accountability of assets by conducting inventories.
• Review records pertaining to staff and material assets, such as equipment and buildings, to determine degree to which they are utilized.
• Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
• Prepare and submit audit findings and makes recommendations to management.
• Conduct special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
• Audit employer business records for governmental agency to determine unemployment insurance premiums, liabilities, and employer compliance with state tax laws.
Relationship with Bank Management:
• Keep fully apprised of management's objectives for the Bank. Audits are conducted, insofar as possible, consistent with CSB’s objectives.
• Report the results of his activities to management. Management and staff are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining CSB’s accounting systems, internal controls and policy and procedures. Advises management as to whether these are adequate, efficient, and effective, and whether or not staff is following them.
• Available to management for advice and opinions concerning control procedures. In this regard, the Internal Auditor cannot participate in the decision-making process or in the implementing of decisions. The Internal Auditor is an advisor only.
• Budgets the activities of the auditing department, so that audit costs are kept to a minimum consistent with the risks involved for CSB.
• Internal Auditor shall give the recipient of an audit thirty days to respond before submitting the report to the Audit Committee.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additionally, employees will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and federal immigration laws require the completion of an I-9 Form in this regard.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Designation of CIA, CA, CMA, CGA preferred or a willingness to obtain.
About The Commercial & Savings Bank
The Commercial & Savings Bank (CSB) offers comprehensive personal and business banking services as well as trust and brokerage services. Its retail and business banking services include checking and savings accounts, time deposits, IRAs, safe deposit facilities, personal loans, commercial loans, consumer loans, residential real estate mortgage loans, commercial real estate mortgage loans, installment loans, and night depository facilities. The bank’s trust services include estate settlement, retirement plans, agency accounts, investment management, and estate planning services. It offers services primarily to customers located in Holmes, Stark, Tuscarawas, and Wayne counties in Ohio.
CSB is a top employer in our region! We are proud to be recognized by ERC as one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work for top talent.