General Purpose of the Position
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and provides technical guidance on all Accounting-related issues. This position will verify that all accounting processes conform to GAAP standards, while providing risk assessments and compliance options to management on an “as needed” basis.
It provides a full-range of professional accounting services, performed in accordance with for-profit accounting best practices; including processing, reconciling, recording, and reporting over $1 Billion in complex financial transactions for the Florida Court Clerks & Comptroller, CiviTek, CiviTek National Inc., and the Florida Courts E-Filing Authority. Additionally, it must timely and accurately process Accounts Payable (three times monthly), Payroll (two times monthly), Accounts Receivable (monthly), Deposits (daily), and perform 21 bank account reconciliations for the aforementioned entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform research and analysis on existing accounting practices as they apply to GAAP standards and recommend process improvements as needed.
- Preform research and analysis on complex accounting issues faced by the company and providing options for compliance.
- Perform second-tier review of 21 complex monthly bank reconciliations for FCCC, CiviTek, CNI, Inc., and the E-Filing Authority.
- Perform second-tier review of travel expense reimbursements.
- Assist Accounting Manager with monthly closing entries and monthly financial reports.
- Reconcile $ 1 Billion annually by performing 21 complex monthly bank reconciliations for the FCCC, CiviTek, CNI, Inc., and the E-Filing Authority.
- Generate $20 million in annual Accounts Payable disbursements and record the resulting voluminous transactions for the aforementioned four entities.
- Ensure compliance with approved Internal Controls, by employing professional judgment and critical thinking in reviewing purchase requisitions, invoices, and contracts.
- Timely provide extensive, complex financial data and supporting documentation for the 8 independent annual CPA audits.
- Generate 24 payrolls annually for 125 employees, in strict compliance with State and Federal labor requirements and approved Internal Controls. Also prepare quarterly Local, State, and Federal tax reports.
- Issue $22 million in Accounts Receivable invoices.
- Perform compliance function to safeguard Fixed Assets. Account for and annually audit over $12 million in Fixed Assets.
- Review travel reimbursement requests for compliance with the approved Travel Expense Policy.
- Promote compliance with approved Internal Controls while performing the listed responsibilities.