The Advisor position will advise clients, sell GuideStone’s investment products, and retain assets. The position will support the work of the department by providing strategies and services in a manner that increases the perceived value of GuideStone as the premier provider of financial strategies to those we serve.
The essential duties and responsibilities are:
- Sell GuideStone’s retirement and investment services products, advise clients and retain assets.
- Facilitate client rollovers/transfers and retail assets for GuideStone clients to support the business and key accounts.
- Build strong product knowledge of all GuideStone products including, but not limited to, retirement, retail, MAP, Nonqualified Deferred Compensation and all advice tools and components necessary to plan, recommend, and deliver customized solutions to meet client’s financial goals and objectives.
- Actively and clearly communicate with all clients and constituents, effectively utilizing CRM to profile, implement and monitor client relationships, as well as, a mechanism for knowledge sharing amongst the team.
- Handle customer inquiries and problems, working to effective resolution in a way that strengthens the relationship.
- Facilitate enrollments and other product/account onboarding as needed.
- Accomplish tasks primarily via outbound calls and focused on growing and retaining assets as well as providing client advice; occasionally this will be accomplished via face to face meetings, web meetings, or at offsite seminars, meetings or conventions.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with our clients, working with them to provide the full breadth of personal financial strategies and services that GuideStone has to offer through the use of our five phase iterative service model: Awareness, Profile, Plan, Implement, Monitor.
- Awareness: Continually building knowledge, education, and a call to action regarding GuideStone, its products and services
- Profile: Develop client profile information to utilize in all phases of the service model.
- Plan: Utilize client conversations, processes, tools and other products to assist in advising and/or planning all phases of a client’s life including, accumulating, preserving and retirement income distribution planning.
- Implement: Assist clients in implementing their investment or retirement income planning strategy, taking into account their time horizons and tolerance for risk, proactively engaging them to deepen relationships.
- Monitor: Conduct annual portfolio health check to monitor client results against goals and resolve client issues. Proactively converse with clients utilizing phone, email and occasionally in person meetings to understand and track their expectations, goals and measurement against goals, including providing account level reporting as needed.
- Meet and maintain established performance standards.
- Assist Customer Relations with incoming calls as needed.
- Balance management of sales, planning, general customer follow-ups with administrative tasks, focusing on productivity and meeting objectives and goals of clients as well as those of the position.
- Participate in and comply with all required firm and regulatory elements of the firm’s continuing education plan including the annual compliance meeting.
- Stay up to date on industry issues and use that information to serve clients.
- Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned; other duties may be assigned.
- Overtime as required.