| OVERVIEW: |
The primary function of the Director of Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis is to manage the financial reporting process for Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. This includes oversight and review, developing the annual financial plan and performing variance and other financial analyses as required. The Director will assist with all activities surrounding external reporting of Celldex's financial results. The position will also assist the business development function. The position will report to the Vice President, Finance.
• Provides review and oversight of the Company's monthly and quarterly closing process.
• Prepares the quarterly memo documenting significant accounting and disclosure issues addressed during the quarter for the Disclosure Committee and the Audit Committee.
• Under the direction of the Vice President, Finance, manages the external financial reporting process including drafting of Forms 10-K/1O-Q, etc. Reviews materials/schedules prepared by the Controller and the accounting staff for inclusion in the financial statements and footnotes of Forms 10-K/1O-Q.
• Prepares disclosure memos and checklists for Celldex's independent auditors. Prepares additional memos, schedules, and checklists as required to complete the Company's quarterly External Reporting business cycle.
• Under the direction of the Vice President, Finance, researches accounting issues that may impact the Company, reviews new accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations, and prepares quarterly memos for the Audit Committee.
o In 2017, complete implementation of the new revenue recognition standard, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (ASC 606).
• Under the direction of the Vice President, Finance, evaluates non-routine transactions contemplated by the Company to assess financial and accounting implications associated with the transaction. Prepares quarterly memos to the Audit Committee as required to address appropriate accounting treatment(s) for the planned transaction.
• With the Controller, reviews and updates internal controls narratives for each business cycle as required, and monitors SOX 404 testing and auditing by CRR as required.
• Plans, develops and manages Celldex's annual operating financial plan (budget). Directs the accounting staff in the compilation of the annual budget. Reviews and analyzes inputs from cost center managers and department heads and summarizes recommendations for financial plan.
• Performs variance analyses comparing actual financial results to plan, researches reasons for significant variances and documents findings. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
• Prepares forecasts of revenues and expenses for current and future fiscal years for the Vice President, Finance and the Executive Committee as required. Assists the Vice President, Finance in developing and maintaining a rolling 3-year forecast. Performs additional financial analyses for the Vice President, Finance as required.
• Develops valuation models for evaluating possible product acquisitions, corporate partnerships and alliances, including NPV or DCF model analysis for corporate/business development.
• Develops relationships with key departments throughout Celldex including: finance, research, clinical/regulatory, manufacturing and corporate/business development.
• Adapts to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.